Secular Social Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» French court upholds Muslim veil ban
by mistermack Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

» Ziggy's Introduction
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

» What does social justice mean to you? What do you feel are the most important areas to work on?
by Ziggy Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

» Introducing Jim
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

» Current Drug Laws, a failure. How to make them better?
by mistermack Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

» Rape Culture in the west - I think it hyperbolic, let's discuss
by dandelionc Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm

» Is there anybody out there?
by tomokun Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 am

» mistermack says Hi
by tomokun Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

» Why I Joined This Forum...
by tomokun Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 am

» Speculations about the feuding
by dandelionc Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lets give Mood2 some encouragement

+2
arpie
scott1328
6 posters

Go down

Lets give Mood2 some encouragement Empty Lets give Mood2 some encouragement

Post  scott1328 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 am

This is a new tactic: Mood2 who has been confronting the Moderators about their capriciousness in the thread devoted to that purpose has now been banned from posting in the sub-forum that contains that thread.

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3800

Now if she attempts to continue the criticism, she will be sanctioned for posting in the wrong forum, or the topic will be moved to where she can't respond.

A clever way to avoid banning a critic and still silencing them.

Mood2 doesn't deserve the treatment she has received, and I just want her to know that her efforts are appreciated.

scott1328

Back to top Go down

Lets give Mood2 some encouragement Empty Re: Lets give Mood2 some encouragement

Post  arpie Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Good idea Scott. I sent mood2 an unsolicited PM thanking her for the articulate stand she's taken at A+, and can only hope I won't be banned for not getting her permission to do so first, and that she has recovered from the panic attack it probably brought on. tongue

They have done the same thing to several others there too popular and consistently polite to just suspend or ban, like marinerachel. Just forbid them to post in forum matters, the only place one is allowed to criticize staff actions, and silence them that way. The fact they don't realize everyone will see through this ploy speaks volumes about their cog-dis regarding how others now view their actions. lol!

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  mood2 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 am

aww thanks Smile

'unproductive' apparently, I must have missed that rule.

Arpie, unsolicited pms are fine, but I do not welcome pms asking permission to pm me, but do welcome pms asking permission to ask permission to pm me, but not pms asking permission to ask permission to ask permission to pm me. Please respect that.

mood2

Back to top Go down

Post  wind Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 am

mood2 wrote:aww thanks Smile

Arpie, unsolicited pms are fine, but I do not welcome pms asking permission to pm me, but do welcome pms asking permission to ask permission to pm me, but not pms asking permission to ask permission to ask permission to pm me. Please respect that.

You really did rock.

Also, I used to lurk on a board where this chick wrote out the most detailed birth plan I've ever heard of, and ended every sentense of it with "Please respect that."

It was like:
-------------------------------

Birthplan-

I would like soft music playing continuously while I labor. Please respect that.
No IVs or HepLoc unless there is a a legitimate medical emergency. Please respect that.
I would like the lighting kept dim at all times. Please respect that.
I will require crushed (NOT block) ice by my side throughout labor. Please respect that.

--------------

On and on and on for like 10 pages.

(Sorry! Your "please respect that" just reminded me and made me giggle remembering thinking "Yeah, good luck getting all that respect treating your doc like genie-servant!)

wind

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 am

mood2 wrote:Arpie, unsolicited pms are fine, but I do not welcome pms asking permission to pm me, but do welcome pms asking permission to ask permission to pm me, but not pms asking permission to ask permission to ask permission to pm me. Please respect that.

Now you've done it! Triggered the aspie's social panic button with your recursively permissive requeststrations. I feel so infantilized!! Lets give Mood2 some encouragement Ahhh1gv

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm

@mood2 and wind: Just wanted to add you both did great at standing up to the narcissistic logic of the ultimate, pontificating, experiential authority gang at A-. (Think I'll call it that from now on. Minus about 2300+ folks who took the trouble to register and haven't been heard from in months.)

The two of you and null so clearly demonstrated by your rebuttals just how jaded the power clique there has become. Those exchanges are all most rational people would need to see just how far astray those running the show at a- have gone. I'm sure they mean well....but intentions ain't magic, as they say. Cool

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Mood2 - you raised a very good point. We should just ban all PMs! Wink

Aren't PMs just an example of a secret forum just for two people?

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm

RRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr The tone police have arrived. Pull over and empty all your privileges onto the hood of your vehicle!! You better step to the right, or we can make it hard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugEc-uQBME

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:14 pm

arpie wrote:RRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr The tone police have arrived. Pull over and empty all your privileges onto the hood of your vehicle!! You better step to the right, or we can make it hard!

Well that escalated quickly...

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm

[quote="nullnvoid"Well that escalated quickly...[/quote]

You need to listen to the song. Don't wanna hear no name...just give us your number. Don't wanna see no face-show us your card. Wink

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 am

I know the song mate - I had a couple of eagles tapes when I was in High School. Smile

Just couldn't resist pointing out that innuendo. (Now I have Queen stuck in my head.)

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Yo null. Where is everybody? Have some connection problems right now with my modem and keep losing the net. Nobody posted all day yesterday. WTF? Gotta make this short as I could lose connection any second. Cheers. Hope I can add some content anon.

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 pm

I dunno - I guess people have things to take care of... As did I...computer hardware issues.

If I get a chance over the weekend I've got a few topic ideas, I want to see if I can add a view new posts item, maybe do something about a logo at the top of the page...

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:10 pm

mood2 wrote:aww thanks Smile

drunken bom
Can I pm you to ask permission to pm you?
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum