Secular Social Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» French court upholds Muslim veil ban
by mistermack Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

» Ziggy's Introduction
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

» What does social justice mean to you? What do you feel are the most important areas to work on?
by Ziggy Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

» Introducing Jim
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

» Current Drug Laws, a failure. How to make them better?
by mistermack Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

» Rape Culture in the west - I think it hyperbolic, let's discuss
by dandelionc Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm

» Is there anybody out there?
by tomokun Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 am

» mistermack says Hi
by tomokun Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

» Why I Joined This Forum...
by tomokun Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 am

» Speculations about the feuding
by dandelionc Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Glob the Funct

4 posters

Go down

Glob the Funct Empty Glob the Funct

Post  Glob the Funct Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm

I am a grumptious Vogon, me
Who doth write bad poetry
The rhymes are dodgy and it scans not well
but if that bothers, then go to hell.
...so flumble up my fellow gormble tarts.
Excusing future cerebral farts.
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Glob the Funct Empty Re: Glob the Funct

Post  nullnvoid Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 am

I quite like that. I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was particularly effective.

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  mood2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 am

you realise glob rhymes with throb, right? apologise!

ello Smile

mood2

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:26 pm

mood2 wrote:you realise glob rhymes with throb, right? apologise!

ello Smile

I didn't realise the sexual connotations, and would therefore like to apologise to anyone taking offense.
What a Face
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:46 pm

However by apologising, it is important that if such apology is taken as being sexual harassment to anybody on this site, then I will withdraw my apology and beat up myself.
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 pm

The old beat myself up before they can beat me up trick eh?

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 pm

nullnvoid wrote:The old beat myself up before they can beat me up trick eh?

I wish. I now have a permanent ban at Atheism+ for questioning my previous ban.
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am

It usually follows at A+ if you so much as question any mod action they will double down on you in a hurry. Welcome to the club, Glob. I hear we'll soon be getting T-shirts. Smile

Hope you weren't offended by my facetious attempt to channel ceepolk in the net forum. I do it so realistically sometimes I spook myself. Welcome aboard, and I look forward to reading more about your take on wth is going on at a+. It is a mystery on many levels what the underprivileged in crowd there thinks they are accomplishing.

This said it is definitely the most hilarious net drama the atheist/skeptic communities have seen in years. I think the a+ thread at JREF actually gets more posts a day than all of a+ does, lol. Here's links to the current page of the threads at JREF and TalkRat.:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=8948183#post8948183
http://talkrational.org/showthread.php?p=2031061#post2031061

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Of curse no offense taken Very Happy

I think the message that they are sending out is very negative, and that they are doing more harm than good to the cause of justice.

If only they would let people tell them this, but there is unfortunately a level of arrogance that prevents them from doing so.
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Are you from South Africa? How about filling us in on the current situation there. One gets conflicting reports and I'm not sure the media coverage of anyplace on the continent is reliable. What's your prognosis for the country's future?

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:05 pm

arpie wrote:Are you from South Africa? How about filling us in on the current situation there. One gets conflicting reports and I'm not sure the media coverage of anyplace on the continent is reliable. What's your prognosis for the country's future?
I live mainly in South Africa, but I work in a number of other African countries. I remain optimistic, but the challenges are huge. I have opened a new thread on this.
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Yo Glob. Just wanted to say I looked again at your last post at A+ and your's might be the most flagrant example of just how irrational the staff there are. I mean when just requesting permission to seek answers to your questions can get you banned, you're entering some surreal new level of immoderate moderation. Suspect

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

arpie wrote:Yo Glob. Just wanted to say I looked again at your last post at A+ and your's might be the most flagrant example of just how irrational the staff there are. I mean when just requesting permission to seek answers to your questions can get you banned, you're entering some surreal new level of immoderate moderation. Suspect
I suspect what got up their noses was that I titled it "Kafkesque" - which I think describes the site rather well. Of course they promptly locked the thread, so no one else could question their actions either.
Still I've got better things to do than to worry about the neuroses of of a couple of power-mad moderators at that site.
pirat
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:06 am

You might also note your name doesn't appear on the list of those banned. I think they are finally getting embarrassed about how much that list exceeds the number of currently active members. Below is a comment by foolmewunz at JREF

Today's totally subjective observation:

With the number of people who've fallen afoul of the "tar baby" trap of that thread criticizing the moderators, literally (yes, with the correct meaning of "literally") no one has posted anything in that thread in in a week-and-a-half.

Possible explanations (feel free to add your own):

> The moderators have listened to the dissenting voices and have had soul-searching conversations in the club house, so have made sure to make all their pronouncements in Solomon-like fairness. Ed is in his heaven and all's right with the world.

> They've finally silenced/banned all critics, so there's no one else left to dogpile.

> Evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, the members are not fools and they've learned that it's a tar baby and bring no issues to that thread, knowing that that move represents the opening gavel in a kangaroo court hearing.

> It's a ghost town. The only members left, as mentioned by someone above, are propping up a few threads. They're running to the lowest posting rate since they opened. (In their initial phases, they got something like 1400 members signed up in a month, and there were 500+ posts a day. Now? They sign up a member or two a day and are getting an average of 110/115 posts per day - or just under 5 posts per hour.)

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:12 am

Glob the Funct wrote:I suspect what got up their noses was that I titled it "Kafkesque" - which I think describes the site rather well. Of course they promptly locked the thread, so no one else could question their actions either.
Still I've got better things to do than to worry about the neuroses of of a couple of power-mad moderators at that site.
pirat

Dude, we could all due with more lulz in our lives. Did you see that dramatic reading of Flewellyn's effort to get wind to 'reveal her source?' I posted it in atheism forum. I mean it's all starting to look like group stand-up, ffs! The jokes are writing themselves.

I still much miss the humor feast humber created on the wind powered cart thread. 4,000 pages at TR alone. I spend much of my time rereading the back pages. Hard to top physics lulz, especially with a rhetorical comic genius like humber. These were all extremely funny, technically sound pile-ons the likes of which may never be seen again. Hmm. I'll email him today and see if I can get him to log in here. I suspect he's moved on, but worth a try.

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 pm

The reason given for my ban was:
"Reason given for ban: repeated failure to engage honestly"

I find a bit difficult to accept.
I get accused of some bad behaviour, and ask what exactly I did wrong.
I mod steps in and explains that although nothing I did was offensive, some might find it offensive.
I get suspended for a day for asking the original accuser to answer, who now refuses 'to engage', rather than the mod.
On my return I again ask for clarification on the matter, and get suspended now for a week.
After my week's suspension, I open a new thread now to ask how I can review the matter.
I get banned permanently.

Who in this sorry tale is failing to engage honestly?

Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 pm

No doubt about it - you were treated pretty damn rudely.

I'm lurking less and less on that site. I find all the antics really boring now. I know others think it's fascinating - but I just find the whole thing repetitive and dull.

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  mood2 Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Glob the Funct wrote:The reason given for my ban was:
"Reason given for ban: repeated failure to engage honestly"

I find a bit difficult to accept.
I get accused of some bad behaviour, and ask what exactly I did wrong.
I mod steps in and explains that although nothing I did was offensive, some might find it offensive.
I get suspended for a day for asking the original accuser to answer, who now refuses 'to engage', rather than the mod.
On my return I again ask for clarification on the matter, and get suspended now for a week.
After my week's suspension, I open a new thread now to ask how I can review the matter.
I get banned permanently.

Who in this sorry tale is failing to engage honestly?

It is kafkaesque. I also think all progressive lefty groups should be required to read Animal Farm on a regular basis, it's an endemic problem.

mood2

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:15 am

It's not just left leaning groups - any significant political organisation will work in a similar fashion. Oh and you want to be careful what you wish for - some people treat 1984 like a how-to manual. Smile

1984 is way off base though - totalitarian regimes eventually break. There's process at work similar to entropy in political systems. The 1984 image of a boot stamping on the neck of humanity forever is flawed.

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:54 am

1984, eh? Then perhaps null is actually "Big Brother?" What a Face

arpie

Back to top Go down

Glob the Funct Empty From Pink Floyd

Post  Glob the Funct Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Ha ha charade you are
You're trying to keep our feelings off the street.
You're nearly a real treat,
All tight lips and cold feet
And do you feel abused?
.....! .....! .....! .....!
You gotta stem the evil tide,
And keep it all on the inside.
Waters
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:03 am

I'm not the type to stick cameras in all your houses...

Why on earth has no one seemed to have made the connection between the Xbox Kinect and 1984? A lot of people paid a lot of money to put a camera on top of their TVs!

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Glob the Funct Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm

One thing that shocked me about the UK was that there seemed to be cameras everywhere.
Glob the Funct
Glob the Funct

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum