Secular Social Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» French court upholds Muslim veil ban
by mistermack Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

» Ziggy's Introduction
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

» What does social justice mean to you? What do you feel are the most important areas to work on?
by Ziggy Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

» Introducing Jim
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

» Current Drug Laws, a failure. How to make them better?
by mistermack Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

» Rape Culture in the west - I think it hyperbolic, let's discuss
by dandelionc Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm

» Is there anybody out there?
by tomokun Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 am

» mistermack says Hi
by tomokun Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

» Why I Joined This Forum...
by tomokun Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 am

» Speculations about the feuding
by dandelionc Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hello! KaineDamo here

5 posters

Go down

Hello!  KaineDamo here Empty Hello! KaineDamo here

Post  KaineDamo Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Hello. I was banned from the safe space. Don't worry, I'm not a troll. I actually don't think I represented myself very well at the safe space a+ forum, but I think the rule restrictions make it hard to communicate without getting frustrated, and it can get very combative over there once its known that you don't agree with some core positions. I find the mods there in particular to be very negative and combative.

I think I'd do much better in a forum with less restrictions, and I'll be more patient this time too. I think there's something to be said for choosing your battles wisely. I probably won't be on here much. I'm actually trying to take a break from debating/arguing so much, I use my twitter account mainly for debating, and I use a number of facebook groups for that too. So I'll probably only be on here when I think I have something to say and if I think I can articulate myself well. Which would be for the best, really. One of the reasons I want to take a break from debating/arguing is because I find myself getting emotionally entrenched in issues, which isn't good, so I have to remove myself to keep (or get back) my objectivity. There's been times when I've thought some atheismplus dissenters have been full of shit and I've called them out on that. Sometimes, I think I am full of shit, or perhaps missing all the facts, which is one reason I signed up for the original a+ forum in the first place. Then I was all, "I don't agree with Shrodinger's Rapist", and then I got called a sexist, and was banned. But as I said, I don't even think I framed my arguments that well anyway. I'll try to do better here.

I hope this group takes off because I truly think a more open forum would be better for the goals of a+.

KaineDamo

Back to top Go down

Hello!  KaineDamo here Empty Re: Hello! KaineDamo here

Post  Cuduggan2K2 Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Welcome Kaine, That's one of the core groups I was hoping this forum would appeal to, those who were frustrated over at the main forum and ended up losing the will to participate.

So welcome, and I hope you stay involved as this space grows.

Cuduggan2K2

Back to top Go down

Post  KaineDamo Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

KaineDamo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skep tickle Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi, KaineDamo! If I remember correctly, you're the person who tweeted to Matt Dillahunty to come check out A+safe, aren't you? If so, thanks for pointing a big spotlight toward the goings on there.

Skep tickle

Back to top Go down

Post  KaineDamo Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 am

That's right, I'm the one who tweeted him about your banning. And thankyou for doing your level best to present your views in a reasonable manner and still get shit anyway, if it wasn't for your posts I don't think Matt would have done the 'Curious' experiment.

KaineDamo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skep tickle Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Thanks, but there were & are plenty of other people getting censured and banned for raising questions that should be perfectly acceptable anywhere that dogma doesn't rule. And I did get a little snarky in some of my posts, but *man* the snark-inducing force can be strong over there.

Skep tickle

Back to top Go down

Post  KaineDamo Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:59 pm

I was taking a look at one of the threads earlier. They're really horrible. So over the top in their sarcasm and snark.

Is censorship ever justified?

http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2349

The mods are straight into attack mod. Their style isn't remotely helpful. I think there would be many more, and worse, examples.

KaineDamo

Back to top Go down

Post  Skep tickle Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Wow. Um. Wow.

Take a look also at this page, in which an A+ member who is a moderator at Talk Rational is told he has to report TR members who come to A+ for LULZ (based on information he has on them at TR) - then has his access at A+ restricted when he refuses:
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&p=39348

Skep tickle

Back to top Go down

Post  rEvolutionist Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah, it's spectacularly bizarre, isn't it? It's impossible to tell if these people are trolls or serious. Their 'serious' is so incredibly ridiculous that it is functionally indistinguishable from trolling.

rEvolutionist

Back to top Go down

Post  scott1328 Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:17 am

Skep tickle wrote:Wow. Um. Wow.

Take a look also at this page, in which an A+ member who is a moderator at Talk Rational is told he has to report TR members who come to A+ for LULZ (based on information he has on them at TR) - then has his access at A+ restricted when he refuses:
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&p=39348

Wow, I thought the allegations of McCarthyism were simple hyperbole. I was wrong. Wow.

Well, people, everyone who registers here will likely be "restricted" for his/her association with undesirables.

scott1328

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum