Secular Social Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» French court upholds Muslim veil ban
by mistermack Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

» Ziggy's Introduction
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

» What does social justice mean to you? What do you feel are the most important areas to work on?
by Ziggy Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

» Introducing Jim
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

» Current Drug Laws, a failure. How to make them better?
by mistermack Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

» Rape Culture in the west - I think it hyperbolic, let's discuss
by dandelionc Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm

» Is there anybody out there?
by tomokun Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 am

» mistermack says Hi
by tomokun Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

» Why I Joined This Forum...
by tomokun Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 am

» Speculations about the feuding
by dandelionc Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum

+3
nullnvoid
Dar
Skep tickle
7 posters

Go down

Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum Empty Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum

Post  Skep tickle Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Cuduggan2K2 leaves A+safe (just as he's given a bancation, if not a ban):
http://atheismplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2641&start=25#p44426

Re: Colorblind derail (from racist "humor" and affirmative a

Postby Cuduggan2K2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm
In short, fuck you guys and the horse you all rode in on.

Just because I'm used to using a different definition of a word, in this context, from you guys, doesn't mean I'm blind to the differences of culture.

If you can't see that this was just a difference in word use rather than a difference in opinion and attitude to the world, you're fucked for ever making a difference in the real world

Fuck you all. I'm done.

Cuduggan, you can certainly delete this, or move it, if you like. But I thought others here might be interested in seeing that things had heated up over there for you, and that you appear to no longer have ties over there.

Skep tickle

Back to top Go down

Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum Empty Re: Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum

Post  Dar Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 pm

I liked the initial description of Atheism Plus.

The implementation has fallen far short of that. The disconnect between Atheism Plus and its mission statement is easier to measure in light-years than any other unit of spacial measurement. The direction of Atheism Plus and the direction of its mission statement points seems to me to differ by 180 degrees, and that isn't moving together.

For those of us who liked the mission statement of Atheism Plus and wanted to get involved, Atheism Plus has let us down.

Sorry Cuduggan2K2. They should learn to treat humans with some humanity over there. I doubt they will. They are more interested in identifying enemies, rightly or wrongly, and piling on them. They don't want to build any bridges there. They just want to destroy, and they have no concern for collateral damage.

Dar

Back to top Go down

Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum Empty Re: Cuduggan2K2 seems to have left the safe space forum

Post  nullnvoid Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm still in favour of AtheismPlus.

I just dislike the AtheismPlus Safe forum. There's a big difference between a thing and it's fans. The people on that site represent fans of certain authors on FTB. The site is poisonous and cliquey. Developing a clique that quickly is actually something of an acheivement and a testament to poorly written mod policy.

I posted about Cuduggan's ban the other day.

https://secularsocialjustice.forumotion.com/t86-colourblind-racism

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  scott1328 Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 pm

If you follow the discussion after cuduggan "flounced"' a new user took up the argument. "Thought Criminal" refused to identify gender or race and yet everyone of the responders except Argyleroad tossed out an accusation of white male using sexist, racist arguments.

All this to defend the safe space's received TRUTH of Colorblind Racism

And yet the safe space's devotion to maintain race and class distinctions is a blatant example of first world privilege. "How quaint, look at the aboriginal hunter gatherers in their traditional loin cloth. We must preserve their traditions and not contaminate them with our western culture. No, they WANT to scratch in the dirt and eat bush meat. They will be very healthy when they die at age 40"

They need to understand that cultural heritage is important and valuable, but requiring the continuation of archaic cultural artifacts is oppressive.

scott1328

Back to top Go down

Post  Skep tickle Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 pm

How surprising, Thought Criminal is now on a bancation.

It's interesting; it does seem likely that TC is a straight white male, but that's not inevitable. I see his/her POV but in my case attribute some of that to my background in biology & medicine. (Genetic differences within a 'race' being greater than those between 'races', and all that, and race not having a biological meaning, and all that.)

nullnvoid, I'd missed your mention of Cuduggan's temp ban though I'd caught the later discussion in that thread. Still figuring out how to navigate this forum! It looks like he was temp banned twice but announced his departure before the 2nd one took effect. He hasn't (yet) been added to the list of banned members, though.

Skep tickle

Back to top Go down

Post  Skavau Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 pm

It is becoming a bit of a trope to say that you agree with A+ but not their actions. I will say that no, I don't actually agree with A+ goals anymore. While there "Atheism+" description is all nice in that it opposes homophobia, racism, sexism, ableism etc. it also contains a series of rather ugly assertions and assumptions that are generally alien to me. The whole idea of an existent patriarchy that causes a mass amount of privilege and security amongst white males is tedious. The idea of not offending anyone ever considered to be in a minority or oppressed group is at odds with how my understanding of free speech. Ideals such as Schrodinger's Rapist, positive discrimination and the idea of seeing people by their race (as they seem to do as indicated by this thread) piss me off.

This is without mentioning how the "oppressed" mob and their set of administrators operating at their will conduct themselves. Atheism+, to be actually an accepted member and a comrade for social justice includes accepting a series of unstated assertions unrepresented in their description. If you don't, and if you accidentally blunder into them or contest them you will, will be banned unless you relent and accept them.

Though, none of these stringent requirements exist for the oppressed. They can insult you, tone police you and attack you however which way they like. They can say pretty much all they like.
Skavau
Skavau

Back to top Go down

Post  scott1328 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 am

I wonder if this means that Cuduggan has abandoned this forum as well?

scott1328

Back to top Go down

Post  Zampano Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:04 am

scott1328 wrote:I wonder if this means that Cuduggan has abandoned this forum as well?

I imagine it will change the status of this forum somewhat - it is hard to be the partner "free space" to that "safe space" when there is animosity between them.

Edit: Also this is in the wrong subforum. (maybe I should be a mod Razz )

Zampano

Back to top Go down

Post  scott1328 Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Zampano wrote:
scott1328 wrote:I wonder if this means that Cuduggan has abandoned this forum as well?

I imagine it will change the status of this forum somewhat - it is hard to be the partner "free space" to that "safe space" when there is animosity between them.

There has only ever been contempt from the SCSS toward ths forum. The most complimentary description of this forum is as a garbage dump. So there was never any real hope of a partnership. Even Cuduggan expressed a disconcerting condescension toward the users here. His hope was that the users here could receive enough remedial learning so that they could become good users at the safe pace.

scott1328

Back to top Go down

Post  Skavau Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm

scott1328 wrote:
Zampano wrote:

There has only ever been contempt from the SCSS toward ths forum. The most complimentary description of this forum is as a garbage dump. So there was never any real hope of a partnership. Even Cuduggan expressed a disconcerting condescension toward the users here. His hope was that the users here could receive enough remedial learning so that they could become good users at the safe pace.
Heh

"We are not a project!"
Skavau
Skavau

Back to top Go down

Post  uncrystal Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:07 pm

I haven't read this or the safe forum for a few weeks, so forgive me if this has been addressed in another thread but.. apparently CK2K has been offically banned from the safe forum "Mod Hat: So you come back from your ban just to double down? Nope sorry you're out of here and permanently this time"

Hopefully he has/will return here.

uncrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down