Secular Social Justice
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» French court upholds Muslim veil ban
by mistermack Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

» Ziggy's Introduction
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

» What does social justice mean to you? What do you feel are the most important areas to work on?
by Ziggy Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

» Introducing Jim
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

» Current Drug Laws, a failure. How to make them better?
by mistermack Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

» Rape Culture in the west - I think it hyperbolic, let's discuss
by dandelionc Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm

» Is there anybody out there?
by tomokun Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 am

» mistermack says Hi
by tomokun Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

» Why I Joined This Forum...
by tomokun Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 am

» Speculations about the feuding
by dandelionc Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Because I am curious

5 posters

Go down

Because I am curious Empty Because I am curious

Post  TestyCalibrate Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:54 am

I was banned at the other board for posting the following one word post: "Link?"

Apparently that is trolling. I did not and do not intend to troll the atheism+ forum. I did not and do not intend to agree with everything said in that forum but that is a far cry from trolling in most universes. If I am incapable of participating in the manner required by staff, that is fine, but I am curious how that post constituted trolling.

There is, in my estimation, a strong Lord of the Flies motif over there, but there are also a lot of ideas being discussed which I enjoy thinking about. I have some experience and information to contribute to those discussions which some people might find useful.

At any rate, I would like the staff there to reconsider the ban.

TestyCalibrate

Back to top Go down

Because I am curious Empty Re: Because I am curious

Post  piginthecity Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:37 am

Hey testy -

Yeah I think your ban was a little harsh.

However, having said that, I do think that there shouldn't be too much of an imbalance between the amount of effort which posters make on a thread. It is somewhat annoying when you come across one-word answers or demands for more detail when you've put a lot of effort into a post, including trying to make it concise, and there's no evidence that the person replying has even read it properly.

I don't much care for this guy: http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/grunter.htm

p.s. You sir are no 'Curious' ! (this is a joke and if you don't know to what i'm referring don't worry !)

Last edited by piginthecity on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

piginthecity

Back to top Go down

Post  scott1328 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 am

OMG it's MFD!

scott1328

Back to top Go down

Post  TestyCalibrate Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 pm

piginthecity wrote:Hey testy -

Yeah I think your ban was a little harsh.

However, having said that, I do think that there shouldn't be too much of an imbalance between the amount of effort which posters make on a thread. It is somewhat annoying when you come across one-word answers or demands for more detail when you've put a lot of effort into a post, including trying to make it concise, and there's no evidence that the person replying has even read it properly.
my one word post was "link?" in response to an accusation which was not substantiated.

It's like when PZ Myers actual;ly lied about and also misrepresented his academic qualifications and then banned me for linking to the truth and calling him out on it. And then calling me a liar and supporting the accusation with a link to a post where he called me a liar. It's not that I mind so much if someone doesn't want me around. I'm sometimes an acquired taste, it's just that I want people who claim to speak for reason and sanity to be honest and ethical or please not claim to speak for reason and sanity since those are things which I hold kind of sacred. Still, that was the first time I'd ever been banned besides a guy named Gurder who banned me for being a member of TR pre-emptively. I had no idea who he was before I got banned there. I signed up and discovered I had stepped into an ongoing internet war. Whatever, we had a nice email chat after that and I think things are fine now although I never tried to register at his site again so I can't verify that. Now I don't remember what site it was and I haven't tried to take the time figure it out.

I have already had to ditch the atheist label because I do not want the stain of new atheism to get too close to me. The labels are designed to drive people out, to force people into right thinking. To enforce a privilege.

And I simply refuse to agree because someone else thinks they are right. I guess that's not a common trait.

I don't much care for this guy: http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/grunter.htm

p.s. You sir are no 'Curious' ! (this is a joke and if you don't know to what i'm referring don't worry !)

TestyCalibrate

Back to top Go down

Post  arpie Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:10 am

FWIW I consider Testy a very bright and honest poster. I know him from 3 other sites. Due to some health problems and irl deadlines he has gone offline for a couple months. I really hope he returns here when he gets sorted out.

arpie

Back to top Go down

Post  nullnvoid Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am

Hi Testy,

Welcome to the site. We have quite a few members who feel as you do. It's quite frustrating to be made to feel that your opinions don't matter. We'll try to be better over here.

Hope your convalescence passes quickly and successfully. Hopefully we'll have this site a bit more organized when you return

Cheers,
Null

nullnvoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down